Online education is a powerful tool for both the students and for the teachers to acquire knowledge. The internet facilities are also helping the students to gather knowledge from various sources with the help of which they can complete their courses in time. The technology is also helping the students to promote research in their fields. The future of K-12 education is digitally-led, combining online and offline.
What is a Smart Classroom?
The classroom of the future is a great place for learning. A smart classroom is a great place for learning materials in the online world. A smart classroom is a great place for learning the contents of the syllabus, various teaching tactics, learning tools, and more to support and improve the learning process.
India’s leading EdTech companies are providing K-12 solutions to India’s government and private schools. They are complementing the government’s efforts to improve the quality of K-12 education by providing seamless Smart Class solutions that combine technology, pedagogy, training, interactivity, digital content, personalization, and easy accessibility.
Another tool to make learning environments more welcoming is using smart boards for classrooms. A simple and user-friendly technology, it makes teaching students easier for teachers. Smart boards for classrooms and projection displays give children the best learning opportunities.
The advantages of Smart boards are:
- Improves student-teacher collaboration and interaction
- Enhances methods of real-time integrated education and learning.
- Creates a Web and Internet-based learning platform that connects seamlessly with other technology-enhanced learning (TEL) systems such as LMS to exchange study materials, course curriculum, assignments, reading resources, and many other things.
- Furnishes E-learning.
- Incorporates information and communication technology (ICT) in education and provides students with a hands-on learning experience.
Smart Class – An innovation in education
Schoolnet collaborated with IIT KYAN Bombay to create and build KYAN, the world’s first teaching-learning device or community computer (K: Knowledge, Yan: Vehicle in Sanskrit).
KYAN Smart Class is the product of Schoolnet’s work to bring together diverse material – multimedia, animation-based, simulation-based, and so on. It runs on curriculum-aligned and vetted K 12 solutions.
KYAN is a game-changing product that will revolutionize the way we learn. It combines the functions of a computer, a projector, and other features such as a PC, high brightness projector, in-built speakers, a 500 GB HDD, Internet, video conferencing, a wireless keyboard, a mouse, and more. It is portable and transforms classrooms into digitally-led learning environments in a matter of minutes.
The KYANSmart Class is a portable device that transforms any wall into an interactive surface. In a lab setting, it serves as a teacher’s device and a local server on which students’ Chromebooks can be uploaded onto. The KYANSmart Class also allows teachers to make real-time modifications to the projected screen, making it a true “Portable Interactive Board.”
KYAN Smart Class has several advantages:
- All-in-One Unit: Bringing together the capability of many technologies into a single unit
- Simplicity: A large screen display enables the transmission of multimedia instructional information. An Internet-ready gadget that is small and simple to use.
- Internet-connected Integrated Teaching Device
Schoolnet has partnerships with the governments of Maharashtra, Gujarat, and West Bengal to digitise government schools and offer the multi-faceted benefits of the hi-tech KYAN to these states.
How does KYAN incorporate technology into the classroom?
KYAN incorporates a variety of techniques and methods to make teaching and learning more engaging and effective.
• Interactive tools like mobile phones, tablets and desktops
• Web-based projects and research
• Organizing online learning and blended classrooms
• Interactive whiteboards and student response systems
• Podcasts, videos, and slideshows
• Project-based curricular activities
• Timely assessments by experts
The following are some of the primary benefits of digital learning:
• Flexibility: Smart learning allows students to maximize their study time rather than being assigned a specific period to learn
• Personalization: The classroom of the future allows teachers to identify and point out struggling students and provide them with extra attention
• Quality: Digital learning offers a high-quality experience for learners
• Cost savings: Digital learning is easier, cheaper and less time-consuming
• Accelerated learning: With a smart class structure, it is possible for students who tend to learn faster to advance through the curriculum with fewer hold-ups.
Digital Teacher Smart Classroom K 12 Solutions The classroom of the future is a revolution in the making. It is a powerful tool that will help students learn in a faster, better and more efficient way. The inclusion of the NCERT syllabus has also made it a classroom where the learning is relevant. This helps teachers to be more efficient in teaching students and students learn more effectively. It is an inclusive tool that helps students from both rural and urban areas to learn together.